Pool

SURF CITY — Authorities say an unstable mixture of water and chlorine caused an explosion inside a southern New Jersey home, injuring the homeowner and a neighbor who came to his aid.

The Asbury Park Press reports 62-year-old Russell Rocca of Surf City was diluting chlorine with water to be used in his hot tub when the mixture became unstable and exploded.

Rocca’s neighbor, 43-year-old John Herrmann, heard the blast and tried to enter Rocca’s home. But the intense chemical odor caused Hermann to become light-headed and unable to help his neighbor.

Rocca was treated for burns to the face and difficulty breathing, while Herrmann was treated for minor injuries.

Source: http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2013/08/water-chlorine_mixture_explodes_burns_surf_city_mans_face.html

Comments are closed.

WordPress Image Lightbox